Instruction to Presentors
All abstracts for presentation should be submitted online through the ACPP2020 website (https://acpp2020.org/). All presenters appropriately registered will have the opportunities to show not only a poster presentation to focus attention on your topic but also one slide highlighted your poster for oral presentation (Flash Presentation). You are kindly requested to prepare for poster short presentation session. Outstanding student presentation award (OSPA) is given for the students (Undergraduates, Master students, and Ph.D. students) who make excellent poster presentation.
In case of abstract submission for presentation, please select one category from the list provided below that best relates to your presentation:
A. Subtropical and Tropical Plant Disease
B. Plant Diagnosis and Quarantine
C. Genomics and Phytobiome
D. Chemical Control
E. Molecular Plant Pathology
F. Biological Control
G. Grain Crop Disease
H. Horticultural Crop Disease
- One panel section is available for display of each poster. Posters must not exceed 85 cm wide by 120 cm high.
- Poster boards will have poster numbers placed by ACPP staff. Place your poster on the appropriate poster board that matches your assigned poster number in the Multi-Purpose Hall or the Conference Room 101+102.
- Pushpins for attaching the poster to the poster board will be provided.
Preparation of Poster
- The official language for the posters is English.
- Use an area of 20-25 cm (height) at the top of the poster for the title, authors' names and affiliations.
- Posters should be readable from 2 meters.
- No commercial activities nor any advertising may be displayed on the posters. Not complying with this rule will result in the poster being removed.
- Handouts, if appropriate, should be directly related to the topic of the poster and must not contain advertising.
- Posters should be mounted, presented and removed according to the following schedule. Poster presenters are requested to be at their posters for discussion during the period designated below. Poster sessions will not be chaired.
Mounting: September 14 (Mon), 13:00-17:00
Presentation: Odd Numbers: September 15 (Tue), 17:30-19:00
Even Numbers: September 16 (Wed), 17:30-19:00
Removal: September 17 (Thu), 15:00-18:00
- Posters that remain mounted after the designated removal time may be disposed of.
Preparation of Slide
- The official language for the slide is English.
- Flash presentations are very short (1 minute MAX, ONLY 1 slide). Presentation slide must be created in a sheet as a lateral A4 size (210 x 297 nm) of PDF file format.
- File name should be your poster number (e.g. A-1.pdf). Poster number can be confirmed on the program on the website before the opening of ACPP2020.
- Time limit for flash presentation is for 1 minute in English explanation without questions. We kindly ask you to keep strictly to this time limit.
- You have to use provided PC in the presentation room. Please submit your presentation to the computer in the poster presentation hall via a memory stick such as an USB during the poster mounting period (September 14 (Mon), 13:00-17:00).
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the beginning of the session wherein your flash presentation is scheduled.
- Flash presentation is scheduled for Wednesday, September 16 from 15:40 to 17:30, at the Convention Hall 200 or 300.
- Applicants must be a student at the time of presentation.
- Applicants must be the first author in the presenters.
- Applicants must sign up for OSPA together with submission of abstract and CV signed by your supervisor through the registration of the ACPP2020 website.
- The applicant must be the same person to whom submits abstract and CV.
- Candidates are asked to be at their posters during the core times (Odd Numbers: September 15 (Tue) 17:30-19:00, Even Numbers: September 16 (Wed) 17:30-19:00) to ensure that they will be present when the OSPA judges visit.
- Judges will be interested in entries demonstrating the student’s abilities and individuality.
- Judges will assess the students in the following areas.
1. Visual clarity
2. Power of expression
3. Logical structure of the presentation
4. Purpose of the research and clarity of its conclusions
5. Quantity and quality of data
6. Degree of understanding of existing research
7. Originality and degree of development of the research
- Award winners will be informed in ACPP2020, and a list of all winners will be posted on the ACPP2020 website by the noon of the third day, September 17 (Thu).
- Each winner will be have an award certificate and 30,000 JPY
- We expect that around 10% of candidates will receive the award.